December 9, 2008

I am going to light everyone on fire

Today I got chewed out at work for taking a long lunch yesterday. I told them I would be back late from lunch and even told them why. This should not be an issue. It should be even less of an issue because I haven't taken more than 20 minutes for lunch in months, I came in early yesterday, and worked late. I covered it. Oh, and also? THE OFFICE IS DEAD. NOTHING IS GOING ON.

So yeah, after that little run in with management I almost ran downstairs and bummed a cigarette off the first unsuspecting smoker I saw. But I didn't. I just thought about it. One point for me.

Later in the evening I decided to walk from the Upper East Side to Greenwich Village. Over three and a half miles. I figured it would help me clear my head and perhaps take care of some of the weight I'm in the process of gaining. (My pitstop for Wendy's chicken nuggets probably negated that, but whatever.) I also met up briefly with a friend of mine who quit a couple of months ago. He said that the first two weeks are the hardest and after that it gets easier. He also told me to wait until the next frigid night to go out drinking, because I'll be much less likely to go outside for a cigarette. Makes sense.

Things I'm proud of:
Not killing my manager
Not smoking a cigarette today
Walking over three miles

Things I'm excited about:
How much money I'm saving
How much better I smell
Joining the gym

Things I'm worried about:
That I won't actually join the gym
That all my pants will stop fitting
That I will be forced to wear mumus year round.

1 comment:

SaintTigerlily said...

You can do this. And if you can do this, I can do this. I have massive amounts of respect for you right now. Keep going!